Apprenticeship applications are now closed. Next intake: September 2022.
FFG have teamed up with EducationWise Academy in the delivery of L3 COMMUNITY SPORT & HEALTH OFFICER, L4 COMMUNITY SPORTS COACH and L4 SCHOOL SPORTS COACH.
This apprenticeship is for…
…anyone wishing to use sports knowledge and skills to create and deliver coaching programmes.
This occupation is found in the sport and physical activity sector in high-performance, community and school environments. Sports coaches aim to provide meaningful and high-quality learning, development and performance experiences. They support the achievement of medals in talent, national and international competition, enrich performance in local competitions, increase participation, raise educational standards, enhance wellbeing and drive social change. Sport coaches can influence national wellness to reduce burden on the National Health Service.
Desired skills prior to enrolment
• Strong organisational skills
• Passion for sport and physical activity
• Desire to motivate children to lead a healthy and active lifestyle
• Excellent communication skills
Example knowledge skills and behaviours
• Transformational coaching methods and strategic planning techniques
• Curriculum design methods and coaching pedagogies
• Inclusive coaching techniques
• Delivers safe and effective coaching support to participants
• Embrace each participants uniqueness, their rights and advocates fairness, equality and diversity within the coaching environment
• Leads by example, acts with integrity, builds trust and demonstrates respect for others
Application deadline: 10 January
Start date: January 2022
Duration: 18 months
Registration: Register your interest here